About Sylvanside Farm
Sylvanside Farm, originally established in 1774, carries romance and history in equal measure.
Whether it’s a weekend getaway or your personal wedding paradise, we’ve got just the nook for you. Enjoy a glass of wine on the dock, hike the fields and streams, enjoy the animals, roam our beautiful 25 acres. With the feel of a traditional village, Sylvanside can be anything you make of it, from romantic hamlet to restorative retreat.
Weddings at Sylvanside Farm
The breath-taking views, historic barns, and manicured grounds are the perfect stage to host the farm wedding of your dreams. From walking down the aisle next to our spring-fed pond to dancing with your family and friends under the star-studded sky, there’s not a moment you won’t be surrounded in beauty. Our name translates from the Scottish, by the woods, which we believe gave ample material to build not one, but two large barns, a manor house, historic cottage, hunt box, and rustic smoke house. All of these structures, plus the farm’s 25-acres of land and freshwater pond are available for our guests.
While there are many beautiful venues for you to consider, only Sylvanside offers scalability and ample accommodations on the farm for friends and family – we can welcome up to 400 guests for a sit-down event indoors (just in case Mother Nature doesn’t know it’s your special day!).
About WeatherLea Farm & Vineyard: The Cottages
Enjoy a weekend or a full “farmstay” vacation at the charming 1-bedroom Milk Cottage and/or the fabulous newly-opened 3-bedroom Shepherd’s Cottage on one of Loudoun’s oldest and loveliest farms, located just a half-mile from the Potomac River. WeatherLea Farm dates from the mid-18th century and witnessed extensive Civil War action. The farm has been permanently protected from development and division by a conservation easement held by the Land Trust of Virginia.
- Malcolm & Pamela Baldwin
- 39595 Weatherlea Farm Lane
- Lovettsville, Virginia 20180
- Nearest Town: Lovettsville VA and Brunswick MD (just across the Potomac River)
- Phone: (540) 822-5097
- Additional Price Information: Milk Cottage: $135 (November-April); $145 (May-October)
Shepherd’s Cottage: $175 (November-April); $185 (May-October) Virginia sales tax (6%) and Loudoun County Transient Occupancy Tax (7%) are additional.Inquire about weekly rates and special rates for WeatherLea wedding guests.See our listings at HomeAway/VRBO (Milk Cottage #275209 and Shepherd’s Cottage #653404), FlipKey and Trip Advisor for more information.
Additional payment options: PayPal, HomeAway/VRBO and FlipKey online payment systems.
- Payment Options: Check, Visa, Mastercard, American Express
- Cancellation Policy: Deposit of one night’s stay is non-refundable. Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours before scheduled arrival to avoid charge for the outstanding balance.
- Check-In Time: 3:00pm
- Check Out Time: 11:00am
- Number of Rooms: 4
- Number of Bathrooms: 2
- Additional Room Information: Milk Cottage: 1 queen Bedroom, 1 queen sleep sofa in living/dining room, fully-equipped kitchen, 1 bath with full tub and showerShepherd’s Cottage: 1 queen bedroom, 1 double bedroom, 1 twin/trundle bedroom, fully-equipped brand-new kitchen, ample dining area, breakfast nook, 1 bath with full tub and shower, deck on rear of house.
- Breakfast: Breakfast food provided for self-preparation. Guests welcome to prepare other meals in our fully-equipped kitchens.
- Special Events: Yes – WeatherLea Farm’s B&B license permits the hosting of up to 20 special events each year. WeatherLea hosts weddings between early May and mid-October, and bookings often occur as much as a year ahead. Malcolm Baldwin is licensed as a civil celebrant for marriage ceremonies. In addition to the barn, outdoor locations on the property (including garden and vineyard gazebos) are available for wedding ceremonies and cocktail hours. Each year’s calendar typically also includes barn dances, concerts and farm festivals. On occasion, guests may also have the opportunity to view sheep shearing and grape harvest.
- Pets Allowed: No
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Certifications: WeatherLea LLC is fully licensed by Loudoun County as a Bed & Breakfast Inn and event venue.
AmenitiesCentral Air Conditioning, Clothes Dryer, Living Area, Living Room, Off-Street Parking, Television, Washing Machine, Wheelchair Accessible, Wireless Internet
Each cottage offers off-street parking, air conditioning, HDTV, Wi-Fi, washer & dryer, fully-equipped kitchen, small reading library (take a book, leave a book!), extensive reading material about local restaurants, wineries and breweries, museums, battlefields and other historic sites, as well as nearby recreational opportunities such as hiking and biking on the C&O Canal Towpath and the Appalachian Trail, and rafting and fishing on the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers.
About It’s a Peace of Cake
We are a full-service catering and event company in beautiful Loudoun County, VA. From catering a private party to hosting a wedding, our goal is to help you create the most memorable event for you and your guests.
- Terri Marie Driscoll
- 38501 Kalb School Lane
- Lovettsville, VA 20182
- View Map
- Phone: 540.822.5763
About Grandale Farm Restaurant and 868 Estate Vineyards
A favorite local restaurant since 2005, Grandale recently became part of its owners’ vision for a unique Northern Virginia destination: a restaurant specializing in fresh, local gourmet fare, within the 120 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds at the 868 Estate Vineyards. Every item served on or off-site is prepared from scratch using the highest quality of available ingredients. Guests are encouraged to walk around the grounds and, in season, dine on the deck under large umbrellas.
- Misty Willette
- 14001 Harpers Ferry Road
- Hillsboro, VA 20132
- View Map
- Phone: 540.668.6000
- Hours: Fri-Sat Noon to 7PM, Sun 11AM to 6PM, Holidays Extended Hours for fine dining
About George C. Marshall International Center
The George C. Marshall International Center, Inc. (GCMIC) was founded to restore and preserve The Marshall House, the beloved home of George and Katherine Marshall, and to advance the legacy of George Catlett Marshall who is considered by many to be one of the greatest modern-day American heroes. Today, GCMIC’s mission is advanced through education programs, international exchanges, exhibits, lecture series, and community outreach events that exemplify Marshall’s character, integrity, leadership, dedication, and modesty.
- Patricia Daly, President
- 217 Edwards Ferry Road
- Leesburg, VA 20176
- View Map
- Phone: 703.777.1890
- Hours: The Marshall House is open for tours every Friday, Saturday & Sunday
About Franklin Park Arts Center
Enjoy an intimate entertainment experience in Western Loudoun’s premiere venue for music, art, dance and theatre. Choose from an exciting schedule of concerts and performances. Come see our series of gallery exhibits and talk directly with artists during the annual Western Loudoun Artists Studio Tour. In the third week of June the Arts Center hosts the annual Western Loudoun Artists Studio Tour. There you can see a variety of original art and speak directly with the artists. The Friends of Franklin Park Art Center is a non-profit organization that supports the Arts Center and its mission of providing high quality, accessible arts facility and programs. The Friends underwrite Gold Star performances through the theater season, sponsor exhibits in the gallery and help provide needed services and equipment for the Arts Center.
- Terri Braxton, Friends of Franklin Park Arts Center; Elizabeth Bracey, Franklin Park Arts Center Manager
- 36441 Blueridge View Lane
- Purcellville, VA 20134
- View Map
- Phone: 540.338.7973 (Box Office)
- Hours: Open Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm and sixty minutes prior to each performance
About Food4Thought Catering
Food4Thought Catering’s professional and seasoned staff will help your catered event run smoothly and guide you to facilitate rental services, venue locations, music and florists and meet all your wedding needs. Food4Thought Catering is a woman-owned business founded by Dale Long. She creates special menus for each event, blending fresh local ingredients into traditional or unique dishes to satisfy the clients’ palate.
- Dale Long
- 24287 Walnut Hill Pl
- Aldie, VA 20105
- View Map
- Phone: 703.220.7983